Thursday, January 23, 2014

Progress

The only thing faster than the speed of thought is the speed of forgetfulness. Vera Nazarian.

A New Year has come and six weeks has passed since I first posted my goals for the summer in Cairns. Although this is supposed to be the wet season in Cairns, to date, there hasn't been that much wet. A few short periods of heavy rain interspersed with longer periods of hot dry weather. 

Yesterday, made brave by having a spotter (Doug), I climbed the bouldering area roof, once from the east and once from the west. There are a couple of moves on each variation where you definitely have to keep moving through and it really helped to memorise the holds before I went for it. I guess I can check that goal off, but I won't stop climbing the roof as there are a dozen more variations to do.

 My spotter

The last time I was out eskimo rolling, I got 7 out of 10 rolls, which is not quite my goal of 4 out of 5. I'm not really “there” yet with this goal yet as I tend to progress in a forward and back step-wise fashion and I'm probably due for a bit of step back now after having gone forward sequentially the last few practise sessions.

Finally, I'm squatting (5 sets of 5 reps) 47.5 kg and deadlifting 60 kg, so I still have 2.5 kg to go on the back squat and 10 kg (seems a lot) on deadlifts. Right now I am deloading (aka resting) for a few days with hopes of going back stronger next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment