Friday, March 30, 2012

There's Always Tomorrow

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer.

Motivation, I'm sadly lacking in it right now. It's been a wet day, a wet week, a wet month. In March, you expect longer sunnier days and the possibility of doing bigger, longer ski trips. But, all we have had for March is storm following storm following storm. There have been a few, scattered marginally better weather days - notice I didn't say sunny - but, these last at most 24 hours and follow a big storm cycle, so bigger, longer tours are stymied by heavy trail-breaking and poor stability.

Right now, it is pissing down, as it has been doing most of the day, most of the week, and, yes, most of the month. I haven't skied since Saturday. Given that I am perfectly healthy, this is almost unknown phenomena. Each morning I get up and think, "today I'll go for a tour." I look out the window, see the tenebrous clouds lying low over the hills, listen to the rain pounding on the roof, the wind rocking the trees, and think, "well, maybe tomorrow will be better."

A short stroll around Grohman Narrows is all I managed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment