Friday, August 19, 2011

Climbing Around Nelson


After our horrendous bushwack up the east ridge of Mount Cooper, I owed Doug an activity pick for the day, and, as usual, he picked cragging. Doug has grown tired of long bushwacks and arduous mountaineering trips, but enjoys crag climbing more than ever. Given how pathetic I thought my fitness was and the WOD I did the day before, I thought my climbing would suck- plus it's been a couple of weeks since I have actually been able to get out climbing.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I didn't suck as much as I thought. We were climbing at Riverside and Hall Siding south of Nelson. Mostly steep routes, not usually my forte (if I can be said to have a forte) and I was happy to manage to grovel my way up a couple of 10b's. Doug was styling and our friend, Hamish was along as well.

Today, a short hike or abbreviated WOD as tomorrow we begin a three day hike along Silvercup Ridge.

On a 10b at Hall Siding


No comments:

Post a Comment